Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 17: the road home


Today was my last day at my clinical site. On Monday, I will start at a physical therapy clinic. Which I am very excited for, don’t get me wrong, but I will miss where I have spent my last 7 weeks, I truly loved it. I really am so very lucky; lucky to have the opportunity I have through my education program. Yes, there are days where I feel overworked and under appreciated. There are days that I wonder if the end goal will be worth all that I am putting in. But I don’t think that is specific to my career path, that’s just life.    

Sometimes I look back and it amazes me that I got here.

It was hard to pick up and leave my hometown and everyone I've ever known to move 1200 miles away. I left some amazing people, and I lost people I cared about as a result. There are days where I have questioned my decision to leave. I don’t know if I was running from my past or if I was chasing my dreams. Regardless, I got lucky. When I first moved here, I hated it. After leaving Arizona, I felt homeless and lost. That feeling is gone now.

I wake up each day looking forward to my life. I have amazing friends who love and accept me. I have an amazing program that challenges me and pushes me. And I have an internship that gives me the freedom to be creative and make a difference. I get the chance to work with some pretty amazing people; athletes, physicians, athletic trainers, educators, and students. Each one has had an impact on me. I learn and grow each day. I am so thankful to have found my home. But my home isn't a physical location. My home is with the people and experiences I have been blessed to have.       



Also, in honor of National Athletic Training month :) I always knew I liked March.



No comments:

Post a Comment