Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 46: playtime isn't just for kids


As I was in the Safeway parking lot today, I watched this older couple, probably late sixties or early seventies, grab a cart and walk towards the front door. Seems like a normal day right? It was, which is why it made me smile.

As the gentleman was walking with the cart, he gleefully pushed off hard and stepped onto the bars to go for a ride. I remember doing this as a kid whenever my mom wasn’t looking. I think that was the best part; that I was doing something exhilarating that I wasn’t supposed to do.

I haven’t done that in years. But that man was having SUCH a fabulous time. He didn't care that it was childish, he didn't care that people saw him. He was simply having a good time.

I want to hold on to this memory. This man reminded me to have fun, regardless of age and audience.
Thank you, unknown man. You brightened my day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment