Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 28: rest your head


I will never take pillows for granted again.

Last night I went camping in Leavenworth. We went the whole 9 yards: we had wood for a campfire. We had a tent, we had the sleeping bags, and we had the blankets.
The one thing we didn't have? Pillows. Who forgets pillows!? Apparently us. But of course we didn't want to go back into town to get some; we were stubborn and figured we could just use the blankets.

Bad call.

Its March in Washington. Therefore, it is basically still winter. By the time we left the fire to go to bed, it was freezing. We didn't want to use the blankets for pillows, we were too cold. So basically we had to pick between head comfort and warmth, and I spent the night alternating between the two. Needless to say I didn't sleep much.
I woke up feeling sixty years old.

Never forgetting pillows again.

But I will say, there isn't anything quite like sitting around the campfire with good friends listening to good music and stargazing.

“And I swear in that moment, we were infinite.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment