Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 23: hope


Today I am thankful for that glimmer of hope that is spring break. 
This semester has been almost more than I can handle and I haven’t had a week where I could relax yet. It’s definitely needed. This week has gone by so slow and so fast at the same time, just because of how excited I am. I can't wait to see my beautiful sister and play in Seattle, then I get to go camping in Leavenworth with some pretty great friends, then I am going to Boise for the WNATA conference where I am presenting original research.

Needless to say, it won’t be dull. But it will be a much needed break from the daily grind. There isn't anything that motivates you quite as well as knowing you just have only one more day to get through. 
It quite resembles the feeling of being kid on Christmas Eve.

Yep, spring break is pretty much Christmas for college kids. The presents just come in different shapes; like bikinis, beverages, and sleeping until noon.  Or, in my case; rain, bratwursts and beer, and still sleeping until noon.  

Sounds pretty perfect to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment