Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 40: when God closes a door he opens a window

I WAS ABLE OPEN MY WINDOW FOR MORE THAN 30 SECONDS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS.
Sorry for the all caps, but this is a big day for me.

I love open windows.
I love hearing wind and birds and leaves and life. I love smelling rain, and I love hearing crickets at night.
When the weather is good, I can’t bear to close my window.
That’s what I hate most about winter. We all huddle in our blankets in our houses with the heaters on and the air is stale and quiet.
Today I left my window open. I listened to birds and leaves rustling and I saw sunshine streaming into my room to announce the coming of spring.
It was a good day,

I am thankful for windows.




SIDENOTE: so my blog was only supposed to go for 40 days, but apparently those forty days don't include Sundays (I'm not catholic, how was I supposed to know I could take Sunday off?). 
SO
I'm sure you are all SO THRILLED to hear it will officially continue until Easter Sunday. 
47 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment