Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 24: captain of my fate


Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus by William Earnest Henley 


Today I am thankful for the feeling of freedom. That moment where I was driving down the highway into the sunset and I it reminded me that I am young. I am alive. I can go anywhere I want to go and do anything I want to do. My life is mine to make, mine to live, and mine to love.
There is such freedom in that.
I am the captain of my fate. I am the master of my soul.

While you mull over that, listen to this song:
Keep Your Head Up by Ben Howard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP65wbBUpc




Okay so this is kind of cheating, I am putting this post as yesterday even though I did not write yesterday.
I was in a car for 6 hours then I was bonding with the sister, brother in law, and friends so I ran out of time to write it before midnight. But this is what I wanted to post yesterday, so enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment