Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 19: indecision


Today I am thankful for multiple things: friends, chivalry, and good music.
And because I am indecisive, I want to share all three.

1.
“Friends are the family you choose.” I've chosen some great ones. And luckily for me, the best ones still put up with me. J
Sometimes it takes bad moments to recognize the good, and I think that happens often with friends. It’s so easy to forget how lucky you are for those friends who are always there for you, who always support you, who are kind and good and always know how to cheer you up and make you laugh; friends who always understand. But there are moments of clarity, moments that make you appreciate more than ever the true friends you have.

2. 
Today my roommate and I went out for breakfast. As we were waiting for a parking spot, we saw a college student open the car door for the girl he was with. The way he did it and the way she responded made it seem like this was a completely normal and natural occurrence. But how many guys do you know that will go open your car door for you? I’m not saying I am not capable of opening my own door because I absolutely am and I do not expect a guy to do it for me, but it was such a sweet gesture. It was a small reminder that chivalry isn't dead, and it made me smile.

3. 
You know that moment when you hear a new song and it seems to describe the exact feeling inside? It somehow feels like it says everything that you wanted to say but didn't have the words for? I found one of those today. I related to it simply because of a few versus.

Let her go by Passenger.

Because you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know your lover when you've let her go
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home



I loved this song instantly because this is the mentality I don't want. Instead of only seeing the good until it's too late, I want to realize what I have while I have it, and revel in it. 
I don’t want to wait until its gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment